Thursday, November 5

Thanks for the, um, flowers?

Last week Derek, being a thoughtful and loving hubby, bought me some....flowers? They're beautiful but I have no idea what they are. They look like tiny paper lanterns. He was being secretive and wouldn't tell me what they were or where he got them, so I guess I will be forever wondering (unless I feel the need to research it).
It took me several days to finally get around to taking a pic of them, so they don't look as good as they did. Kind of deflating and wilting, but still very interesting looking.

Thanks Derek, they're beautiful. You made my day.

3 comments:

Blueyedmle said...

They look like little poofy hearts. I think they are awesome. Ya know, me knowing Derek from back when is always surprised to see what a great guy he is... :)jk marley

Blythe said...

I think they are beautiful! So perfect for the beautiful fall colors!!!

The Marley Family said...

My Papa told me what they are called Physalis Franchetti (Chinese Lanterns). Seems fitting.