Thursday, December 17

Santa Claus is Coming....

Derek played Santa at our previous ward's Christmas party. NO, not because of his round belly, its cause they know that we own a Santa suit (strange, I know--it was given to us from one of Derek's part time jobs a couple years ago). Anyways, they asked him to ride out on a Christmas decorated...........bike. Yes, a bike. Not just any bike, a decorated mountain bike with a kid trailer on the back full of candy canes! (It doesn't sound quite as cool as it actually looked--good job Amber!)
Derek, being the whitty guy he is, rode into the room saying, in his deep Santa voice, "Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas! Santa's going 'Green' this year. I'm being nice to the animals, not making them ride in today. Mrs. Claus thinks I need to lose some weight, so I'm riding my bike. Ho, ho, ho!" He got a big chuckle from the adults in the room.

Van recognized 'Santa' and almost ruined it for other little ones. He kept running up to him saying "Dad, look at my candy cane." Needless to say he didn't have any fear of sitting with Santa Claus.

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

How cool is it to have Santa for your Daddy! Ü

Blueyedmle said...

You make such a cute santa Marley!