Thursday, May 6

I'm Getting Older

This birthday I turned 28 and I must admit I wasn't very excited about this one. Actually I kept forgetting that it was coming up (probably because I have 2 huge art projects due around the same time). But I guess this happens when you get "up there": you stop caring about birthdays. I'm not to the point where I'm dreading another year passing, but birthdays just don't hold as much excitement anymore. It was kind of just another day...mainly working on the before mentioned projects.

Now don't get me wrong, I did have a really nice birthday. On the Saturday before the big day, Derek took me out to my favorite restaurant, where we were able to take time to sit and chat about where we're headed in the near future. Then on the actual day our good friends came over and brought us fondue and cake. It was delicious and we had a good time. It was nice to spend the day with good friends.

And I did score on gifts: Thanks everyone!

Here are some pics:

Here's the yummy lemon cake.
Look at Van's hands. He was so excited.
Van helped me blow out the candles. Van looks like he is getting his pucker ready for a kiss and according to Derek it looks like I'm going to "hock a lugie." Nice.

3 comments:

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Katie! We sure hope you had a great day! Love that last picture too!

The Marley Family said...

Thanks, I know it's terrible. :)

Carrie Allen said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!