Wednesday, August 11

Garden Party

My ward is having an Enrichment Night, but they've been really hyping it up. I have to say I'm super excited about it. It's a Garden Party theme. Everyone brings an item to put up for auction. We all will get a questionaire at the beginning and by answering questions on it, we win money (monopoly of course). Then with our play money we bid for the items on auction. Sounds super fun.

I was told that you could bring just about anything to put for auction. I thought that since the theme is a garden party, I would paint a picture of flowers (above).

Well, my sister and I went to the garden party and it definately lived up to it's hype....it was the event of the year. So fun. Our Bishop lead the auction (not sure what that's called: the auctioneer?). Anyways, he is hilarious; cracking jokes left and right. He dressed the part with western wear and he even had his own kit with a gavel and horn (that he would honk when he was a bit too over the top).

I was laughing so hard the whole time, I must have made my quota for laughter for the month. My sis and I had a great time and took home some fun things. I had never been to an auction before and must say they are super exciting!
Oh, and my flower painting went for a pretty high price. It was very exciting for me to see the frenzy of cards raising for it; I was totally blushing.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like such a fun time! Your painting was beautiful and I'm not surprised people bid high on it. Just think of how much it will be worth someday when you're a famous artist! Or maybe one day in the future someone will take it on Antiques Roadshow and they'll have this marvelous surprise that it's worth thousands! :)

Wenona said...

That's the item I would've bid for too. Beautiful!

The Marley Family said...

Thanks!! I was still pleasantly surprised.