Since we are living in a 2 bedroom apt, the boys of course have to share a room. I think to myself that this will eventually be a nice bonding experience for them, but at the moment it isn't too much fun. It seems like every morning, one will wake the other one up at an annoying hour. At the moment Weston is teething (he has 4+ teeth coming in at the same time--poor guy), so he is typically the one waking up.
Here's an example: Last night, Van woke up at 3:00am and had to go potty (luckily THIS is not a normal occurrence). Then at 5:30am Wes woke up screaming, due to teeth pain. Derek got up to give Wes some medicine and when he got to their door he heard Van trying to soothe Weston, saying "shhh, it's ok Weston, we are gunna go to a park today." He is such a sweet boy...that is definitely not my first reaction to being woken up by screaming. Wes had some meds and went back to sleep by 6:15ish. Thankfully they both went back to sleep and slept til around 9:00am.
Some mornings I think to myself, what are we doing wrong? Our children are to an age where they should be sleeping well (I really can't complain, Wes normally sleeps 12 hours and Van 10-11, we've just been spoiled, but lately is another story). I just have to hope that this gets back on track after teething and with the amount of teeth that Wes is getting at once, hopefully it will be a short process for him. Fingers Crossed...
1 comment:
I'm sure it will get back to a normal schedule after he's done teething. That is a rough process for any baby. We'll be going through it soon enough, so let me know how it works out.
Post a Comment