However, I still wish I didn't have to work (especially when I see moms with kids come into my work, and when the weather is nice and I think back to my original weight loss plan). Sadly, I had a pity party for myself on my birthday evening. I got home from school at 10pm, the kids were already in bed, and I was being grumpy to Derek, so he decided to go to bed. Then I sat on the couch and felt sorry for myself, being alone and feeling like a bad mother who didn't even see her kids on her birthday. I then prayed that Derek would find a job (knowing full well that it will only happen if it is the Father's Will).
Last week, I realized by talking with the other LDS member at my work, that there's really no way I will be able to move to the hours that I would need for Derek to be able to finish school (realistically making my time at this job limited) . First off, I have to be at my position for 6 months before I can move to another spot (like a teller-which has the potential for being flexible hours). I originally thought it would work out perfectly for me to move to a teller position right before the Fall term begins for Derek, and then only work about 3 days a week, Fri, Sat and another day in the week. After talking with this LDS work person, I realized that this doesn't really happen in this company (they will schedule "part-time" but it still is every day only shorter hours--THAT totally wont work for a school schedule). It totally bummed me out to hear this. I don't really know what will happen, but I am hopeful that through prayer and fasting everything will work out (as it typically does).
Derek really hasn't stopped applying for jobs. Well, he only stopped looking for jobs for about a week the whole time I've been working, meaning that this whole month and a half of me working he hasn't heard back from any job. He stopped looking due to my persuasion (cause he was stressing me out), but that only lasted about a week, he has taken up looking again, with a bit of a change.....he had 3 interviews last week and one set up for tomorrow! He is really excited about one of them. I am grateful that he has been having more luck with the whole job hunt. I keep reminding him that the only thing he needs to be looking for is something that would be flexible enough for his school. He spoke with a church friend who thinks that he could get Derek a flexible job that is downtown (close to us). It wouldn't pay quite as good as mine does now, but it would be flexible and able to last through his schooling. Sounds promising!
I am grateful for the job the Lord has blessed us with currently (I realize it may not sound that way) and I do have faith that everything will work out, whether my job comes through to give me the flexible hours I need, or for Derek to find a new job that will work out with his complex school schedule.
(wow, that was a longer update than I anticipated).
3 comments:
I hear you and understand how work can be so frustrating, even when you know you should be grateful. Everything will work out. It took David a long time to find a job as well and we see now the Lord's hand in it. Good luck and I hope things work out for you all soon.
I'm sorry life is in a sort of limbo for you guys right now. I'm praying all works out for the best. Crossing my fingers that Derek gets a job or more interviews. Hang in there Katie.
How did the interviews go? I'm glad you are being so positive. It is amazing how it does just "work out" when you put your trust in Him, even though at the time it seems all is lost.
Post a Comment