Story time:
One day last week, Weston had taken a late nap (he's been on a nap ban, so this was unusual). So come bedtime, he just simply wasn't tired. I put Van down to bed and Derek took Weston to the apt office (for whatever reason, maybe so it would be quiet for Van to sleep). Anyway, Van was having trouble going to sleep (which doesn't happen). He comes out twice and on the second time, tells me "I can't sleep without my baby brother." It was very sweet. I rubbed his back for about 30 seconds and he was out.Then, just tonight, Derek had given the boys some glow sticks to take with them to bed. (lately we've told them they can be awake and talk as long as they don't come out and no lights--Van is usually out in a matter of minutes anyway). We go in later to find both boys asleep on the top bunk, Weston on the inside by the wall and Van by the ladder. It was so cute I wish I had taken a picture.
**and just in case you're a worrier, I pulled Weston down and put him in his own bed. I've slept beside both boys and they are not fun--kick, slap, push all night long. I figured one might end up falling down or being pushed off. Gotta be safe.
1 comment:
Katie,I still remember u climbing at night. With your back next to your mother, your feet and hands trying to get away from whatever, would send me to the
edge of the king size bed. Or out of bed all together.Love dad.
Post a Comment