Saturday, May 5

Me and Weston

Van and Derek were away at a birthday party, so Weston and I had some time together. He wanted to go for a bike ride. Spring has definitely sprung; I made Weston pose in front of a bunch of flowers.





I love this picture, you can see the individual seed pods/petals/whatever flies off of the dandelions.

Derek told me that with his sweater, I should hit the "1960's" function to change the coloring of this picture (does it feel like a time warp?):

Other news on Weston: he is potty trained! We started a couple weeks ago and he was totally ready. First, we went out and bought undies (which he got to pick out-Batman), got home and he wanted to put them on. I let him know he can't pee in them and right away he wanted to sit on the potty. He peed and then would come back to do it again and again. That's all it took. He really was a cinch. He had some issues pooping. Had only one accident (the first day). Then the next day he kept telling me that he had "poop coming". We sat on the potty but he would not poop. By the end of the day, of holding in his poop, he said he had to poop. He was having trouble letting it go (which reading about it is totally common for toddlers--they get freaked out at the feeling of a part of them falling out their body). Anyways, I sat and explained to him what poop is and a simple version of how the body works, then right away he did it. That's really all it took. He's been totally potty trained since the second day. He's amazing. Even over night. WAY TO GO WESTON!!!

No comments: