Wednesday, July 18

Mommy Blunder...

We had friends over for dinner (several weeks ago) and they brought green jello-type dessert. The boys have never had it before and Van was being very inflexible about trying it (Weston--my sweets lover--tried it no problem). To get Van to at least give it a shot I (totally playfully) told him that if he tried it, it might turn him into a dragon (refer to Van's 3 wishes). I was thinking he would try it then nothing would happen and I would tell him, "Oh well guess it didn't work, but wasn't it yummy". This has totally backfired because he still refused to try it. Now when ever he is playing around and pretending to be a dragon he will bring up to me that when he eats that "green stuff" he will turn into a real dragon (guess my 5 year old doesn't get my sense of humor). Oh no, what have I done. :(

I continue to explain to him that I was just kidding and that the green stuff will not actually turn him into a dragon, but this doesn't seem to help. I've asked him if dragons are real and he know they aren't but I think there is still that wonder part of kid-dom that lets him believe that when he eats the green jello he will magically become a dragon.

Whoops!

No comments: