Monday, December 29

5 Years Already!?!

Yes, Derek and I have been married for 5 years now! It was official on the 27th. After Grandma Jones came up to exchange presents, she took Van back to Eugene with her, so Derek and I could celebrate our Anniversary. We were a bit exhausted from all of our traveling, so first thing we did was took a nap (dang we're old). We then went out for dinner to our favorite restaurant, Mother's Bistro in downtown Portland. We had a fun experience there: we were seated right away at a window side table (perfect spot)...where we were ignored. We waited for about 10 minutes before our waitress came over appologising excessively. She must have been having a bad night...she said that she thought we were getting ready to leave and didn't realize we were new customers. Whoops. We didn't mind, we were talking over the beautiful candle-lit table and looking out the window at the leftover snow and the interesting people that passed. She then went to fill our glasses of water, which she knocked over and spilt all over the floor. We also watched as she dropped something from another table...she was having "one of those nights!" Poor girl. She was super nice and it just added to the specialness of the night. Our dinner was excellent, as always, and we had a great time together. After dinner we rented a movie and snuggled on the couch together to watch it. All in all, great anniversary.

Derek also surprised me with a wonderful gift! It is a picture of the San Diego Temple (where we were sealed). On it it says The Marley Family, Sealed for Time and all Eternity, December 27, 2003. What an amazing gift! I love it, thank you Derek!!!!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! Five years and one and a half kids later and you're still in love... That's great! The temple picture was such a wonderful idea.

Fahrenheit 350° said...

I concur - that is a great temple picture! The other day we went and bought a ton of temple, church, Christ pictures, but I have no frames for even one! I got rid of all of them during the last move, because I wanted to look at something new, oops!

Silly Shermans said...

WOW...can't believe its been 5 years! What a great day...your anniversary and my birthday, LOVE IT!! We'll celebrate our 5yr. in May...time flys when your havin fun!!

The Marley Family said...

I didn't realize we were married on your birthday. How funny. Time sure does fly-I really can't believe 5 years has passed!

Jennifer Green said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys got some kid-free time together!

The Fullmers Four said...

Happy big 5!!! That is awesome. Conrats. I am glad I have your blog now.