Saturday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day

Derek and I are usually less than thrilled about the idea of Valentine's Day--a day when you are forced to show love for your loved ones. This year after some inspiration (thanks Rosie) we decided to embrace this holiday of love. What could be better than thinking up ways to make your spouse feel special and loved. The more we thought up ideas, the more it made us realize how much we love each other. We spent every day this week giving eachother gifts...some cutsie, and some more substancial.
Derek wrote me a poem with blank spaces that I had to fill in with sweet hearts candies. I found a great bakery with cookies and candies of all kinds that had words on them (YUM!)
Derek knows how much I've wanted an edible arrangement, so he made one of his own with a pineapple as its base (very creative and cute)
A chocolate rose, balloons, and a bouquet of strawberries, what could be better.
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. We've decided that it's a much nicer holiday when you embrace the fact that it's all about making your loved ones feel special, what could be better?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

What a sweet thing! You both are very lucky.

The Marley Family said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun.