Friday, February 6

My little boy is growing up...

I realize it's been a while since my last post, so I was thinking of what I could write about and of course I thought of my son. We've been working on numbers and letters with Van as well as increasing his vocabulary. It's been going well. (cute pic of Van but not the best pic of dad--he was saying two when I took the pic...whoops.)

We started with learning numbers, which he took to like candy. He has a puzzle that has the numbers up to 9 and it's one of his favorite things. Now he knows all of his numbers up to 10. Next we started working on the alphabet. For Christmas we bought Van a leap frog magnetic alphabet thing for the frige and he loves it. It sings the letter that you put on it and tells the sound each letter makes--very inventive. We also have lots of alphabet books that we love to read. He has picked up the entire alphabet surprisingly fast and I am so pleased. We've already caught him reading the Consumer Reports magazine--never too young to start (just kidding--he likes to look at the cars).Along with numbers and letters, we've been working on his vocabulary. It seems like over night he started picking up more and more words. We've been working on helping him to put words together, which he has been getting better with.

Next I guess is potty training--yikes! We've bought a potty but haven't attempted to make him try it. When I ask him if he has to go potty and he automatically says "no" so I don't want to push it. But he is very interested in mom and dad going potty and he likes to mimic us and sit on his potty, so I guess that's a start--can't rush these things.

No comments: