Thursday, May 7

Updates

Pregnancy:
3 weeks left! Yea! I am very much ready and excited for my new arrival and at this point kinda hope he comes a bit early. Lately I've been cleaning everything: clothes, bedding, all things baby related plus some (just got all the window sills yesterday--found some mold...YUCK).
On the funny side, when Derek and I made a Target Baby account we found out that there's another Katie Marley having a baby boy due on the same day as us--go figure. I just found out that Derek decided to send them a present. I bet they will be wondering who the heck we are--some long lost relatives or something.

Schooling:
Derek will be done with his degree after winter quarter!!! I am so proud of him. Not much left to go. Then he gets to start applying for Masters programs.
Me....um, well I haven't spoken with a councelor so I'm not totally sure. I will most likely be done by next year some time. Fingers crossed that I will be able to start back up in the Fall--new baby might put a wrench in things.

Work:
Derek got a new job. His last job officially let him go yesterday. They haven't had the work for him lately and cut his hours in half. Then they called and told Derek that they had to let go of everyone in his department. Bummer, but we saw it coming. They've been so good to us and we really like them, so no hard feelings.
Derek has been continuously looking for a new job since his hours got cut about a month and a half ago and nothing has panned out, until now. He found a job on craigslist and they wanted people to apply in person. He went down yesterday, filled out an application, had an interview, and they offered him the job on the spot. What a blessing! Funny how things end up working out. We are very excited.

3 comments:

Benj and Melinda said...

Congrats on the new job! I am so glad everything is working out!

The Fullmers Four said...

Good to hear an update! Congrats on the new job Derek!

Lauren said...

Three weeks! Yeah! We're glad things worked out for a job for Derek and that he'll be done with school soon. David will be done soon too, so we're super excited for that! Hope all is going well for you.