Monday, March 29

Happy Belated Birthday Mom!

It was my mom's birthday last week, but that same day we left for our week long vacation, so I haven't had a chance to update the blog and wish her a happy birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you like your present, it took me quite a few hours making.

I was so excited that we were going to see my mom for a few days while on vacation in AZ. She worked it out with her work to get 3 days off, so she was going to drive her car from NV down to AZ. It was going to be perfect...I brought her present down with me, so I could give it to her in person, but then everything fell through. The day she was supposed to drive down everyone in the house we were staying at got the stomach flu, so needless to say my mom didn't get to come down. I was very sad, as was she--but I guess that's life. I had to pack and send her gift in the mail.

I made her a painting from one of my favorite childhood pictures. It's of my mom, sister and me outside of my grandparents house. I took some progression pics of the painting (mostly to show Derek).
***Just had to add that I wrote this before my mom got her present. I wanted to add that she did love this painting. She called me up crying and said that it "made her year." I am so glad to be able to have made this for her. For days after she got it she kept texting me telling me she can't stop looking at the painting.



On another posting I will show the rest of the paintings I did.

1 comment:

John said...

Katie,
The painting is beautiful. I love that picture too, and I remember when I took it. You were in motion and fortunately my camera could take it without you being a blur. When your mom showed me the painting she was crying. She was so touched. You have an amazing talent and I know you work hard at it. I can not comprehend how you do it.
With love, Papa