Here are my paintings in order that I painted them in class. You already saw my first painting of
bell peppers (that I already posted about). The next one I did was from a sketch (which I might add is
very difficult--it's hard to remember all of the details from a simple sketch). I personally dislike this one and am going to re-use this canvas for another painting (go recycling!).

Then I painted this one that I gave to my mom, done from a picture. I like the way my teacher approached the class: Painting 2: since we've all learned the basics now we have a chance to learn how we would prefer to make paintings. First was a still life (veggies sitting on a table in front of me), next was from a sketch (blah), third was from a picture...

I started with a painted black canvas (called underpainting).

Then we moved on to abstract. Our first abstract was to take a representational (realistic) painting and abstract it. Mine was taken from a section of a painting of horses (these are their behinds).

The next one was to disect the canvas into sections of color. I thought at first this would be a big waste of canvas, but I ended up liking the outcome.

This one is of another attempt to abstract a representational painting. My first attempt was too close to the original so I wanted to go further with it. Can you make it out?
How about now? This was my inspiration painting.
Here they are side by side. I am very pleased with how this one turned out, it's one of my favorite.
I am absolutely loving the painting classes that I'm in and can't wait to learn new approaches and techniques.
5 comments:
Katie! I absolutly love the paintings! You do a very good job. As little of the art classes I have taken, I know that drawing/painting and etc well is VERY hard. Especially people. Yours are superb! I like very much. Glad you are enjoying you classes.
Katie you are so so talented! Your paintings are amazing!!
Katie you have a real gift and I'm so glad you're taking such a wonderful class that makes you happy.
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the supportive comments.
I love these. You do a great job. Your mom must have cried when she received the painting from the picture. So special!!!!
Post a Comment