Monday, May 10
Eczema :(
A few days ago I noticed that Weston had some bumps on his hand. They looked like little welts. We had just come home from shopping and I thought that maybe he had been in his car seat biting his hand or something. Once I brought him inside the house I inspected it closer (and with my extensive knowledge of allergic reactions--mainly through experience) I realized they were hives. Oh no! I then lifted his shirt to find that he had a rash of patchy blotchy red bumps. I know that for hives you give benadryl, so I gave Wes a tiny dose and took before pics to see if the benadryl would help this rash also. His hives were gone in no time, but the rash continued.
Actually the second day it got worse and branched up to the side of his face (don't have pics of this). My sis was up that day and helped me brainstorm as to what this mystery rash could be. I searched pics of eczema and found a pic identical to what he had---and it was on a site for infant eczema. I have been searching my brain for what could've contributed to this outbreak...I think its from a food we have recently introduced to him, so we are going to take this food introduction slower and hope that it will help. Hopefully Weston wont continue to take after me in the allergy category.
Bad lighting makes the rash kind of hard to make out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with that. One of our friends is dealing with eczema for her little guy who had it pretty bad. She cut out all processed and refined foods and it vanished. Then one day he had a cookie and it came right back. So now he's off those foods again and it cleared back up. Hope your little guy's case won't be as severe.
Thanks. His wasn't very bad at all and after 2 days it was completely gone.
We had gone out to eat at Chipotle and fed him some rice and black beans, thinking that those would be bland enough and then about a day later he had the rash. We think it was that food--who knows what type of spice/etc could have been on it. So we are taking things slow. He's been fine so far.
Post a Comment