Thursday, May 13

First Easy Haircut

No pic, sorry.

Just a few moments ago, I gave Van his first successful haircut!! Normally he will wiggle and squirm all while screaming bloody murder. Derek will have to hold him down while I take the clippers to his moving head--very uncomfortable to all involved. He despises it so much because he can't stand to have hair all over his face and chest. But I believe with added maturity (on both sides) we have found that we are better equipt to reason with Van. So first, I cut Derek's hair while Van 'helped'. I kept telling Van that he would be next and explained what we would do to keep the hair off of him (since that's what he can't stand). We also bribed with some M&Ms if he did well. When dad was done, Van said "it's my turn" and he sat down and held still; well he whined a little bit but that was all. I cut his hair and it was done in no time. What a huge milestone. Haircuts have been such a pain, one that I would avoid at all costs.

Yes, success!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Good job guys! Your little man is growing up so fast.

The Marley Family said...

So is yours Lauren!! He's adorable.