We kept it low key this year...went to a ward party Saturday, then stayed in on Halloween night (it being Sunday and all). We all had a lot of fun at the party on Saturday. There were a ton of other kids, so Van was running around all night long. Actually he got so sweaty that we had to take off the top half of his costume so he could cool down. They had a chili cook-off which was delicious, fun games for the kids to play (Van went fishing for candy around 10 times), and rooms throughout the building were decorated so the kids got to go trick-or-treating around to each room and get candy. All in all a wonderful party.
We also tried to cheap out on costumes this year, Van squeezed into his costume from last year, as did I (mine was only a wig). Derek was in a ward talent show a while back, where he and 3 other guys dressed in lederhosen and sang a song from The Sound of Music. Needless to say, Derek dressed up in that costume, as a, um.....German? Wes couldn't get away with his 0-6mo costume from last year, so he was the only one to get a new one. After I searched and couldn't find him a dalmatian costume in his size, I knew just what to get him. Lately his favorite animals to imitate and sign are monkey's and gorillas. It's so cute how he screeches like a monkey with his hands under his arms. He was the cutest little monkey.
Here are some pictures of our fun night:
They had a great lit up backdrop 
I thought this view made him really look monkey-ish
Monkey's like fish?
Van bustin' a move
Fishing for candy
Trick-or-treating between all the rooms
The boys geting a treat
Me and my monkey
Van saw that there was a guy set up taking pictures. He came near me and he caught my attention at the table and waved his pointer finger for me to come over to him. He then asked me to please take a picture with him. How could I refuse. Plus our costumes go together. :) 
(You may not have notice this until I point it out but oh well...Look at my wig--the black side of the hair has body and the white side lies flat. How annoying! I kept trying to plump up the white side all night. Why aren't they the same? I mean its not like its real hair--both sides are synthetic! I'm supposed to be a crazy woman with large crazy hair. Ugg.)

(You may not have notice this until I point it out but oh well...Look at my wig--the black side of the hair has body and the white side lies flat. How annoying! I kept trying to plump up the white side all night. Why aren't they the same? I mean its not like its real hair--both sides are synthetic! I'm supposed to be a crazy woman with large crazy hair. Ugg.)
No comments:
Post a Comment