I love you Derek.
Here's a bit of our plans and where we are in life:
Still in school (but always closer to being finished)
We are both graduating with our Bachelor degrees in Spring 2011
Derek starts his Post-Bac in the Fall 2011 (then we have 3 years til he's done--or 9 quarters).
We are currently apt managers only 2 miles from school (which has worked out perfectly for us).
Once Derek is done he will be a Speech Language Pathologist and will apply for jobs everywhere. If he gets a job here, we will stay as apt managers to pay off school loans, then on to buy a house.
I am so proud of Derek for going on to get a Masters degree. He is the first in his family to get a Bachelors, so going further to pursue a Masters is awesome.
I am so proud of Derek for going on to get a Masters degree. He is the first in his family to get a Bachelors, so going further to pursue a Masters is awesome.
For a long time he had no idea what he wanted to be "when he grew up" which I believe held him in a state of limbo. He would flip flop career paths which drove me crazy. My only advice for him was that he love his job, since he will be spending the majority of his time there (so I'd better not hear him come home and complain about work :). He finally decided on SLP after taking a required course for his Communications degree. He loved it and the teacher said he really had a knack for it and suggested he look into it as a career. This was the final push he needed. Funny thing is that his grandma was a Speech Pathologist and his mom always said he should get into it (guess mom does know best).
As for me, I will be a stay at home mom until our kids are older, then I want to get my teaching credential and teach art; either that or pursue being an artist and selling my work. For now, I am counting down the moments until I am finished with college and get to focus much needed time on improving my wife/mother/apt manager skills, along with the many plans I have for being creative/side projects.
So all of you readers out there, be ready to celebrate with us when Derek and I graduate in the Spring--Oh, there WILL be a party!
2 comments:
Yeah for seven years, and YEAH for being that close to graduating!
I am VERY proud of both of you!!!!
Post a Comment