Saturday, December 25

Christmas Postponed

This Christmas has been a tad unusual. Van woke up Christmas Eve Morning with a fever--101.9. We stripped his clothes and I laid down with him blowing and rubbing his warm skin and giving him a regular dose of gatorade. His fever broke, he ate some food, then acted like he was fine....however all we did that day was lie around watching movie after movie on Netflix (we just subscribed and it has been fun having different movies to watch).


Van took a late afternoon nap and when he woke, as luck would have it, his fever returned. So I laid down with him again giving him liquids and blowing on his hot skin. We gave him Tylenol, but that just made him vomit. It was late so Derek dutifully stayed up while I got a head start on some sleep. Derek stayed up with him til around 2am. Then Van woke up at 3am with an ear infection. I gave him some colloidal silver which helped a ton and he went back to bed with me in my bed. Poor Derek was pushed out to the couch. Van wasn't warm anymore which was good. At around 9:30am I couldn't sleep with him anymore--he moves too much. Derek got to go back to sleep in our bed and I was up with a well rested and high energy Weston. I was playing with him but trying to keep him quiet so Derek and Van could sleep...hard thing to do. He kept asking me about "dada and Wan" I told him they were sleeping and that Van was very sick, he told me "Wan, hot."


Derek and Van woke up around 11am.....Van with a fever again. He ate a little but was really wiped out and went sleep in his bed. I kept checking on him and his fever wasn't getting better so off he went to the hospital with Dad. Well, he has an ear infection in his left ear and they gave him ibuprofin for fever. So here we sit on Chirstmas day with a sick kid and hidden presents waiting for a later, healthier time.


Pictures to follow...............soon I hope.

No comments: