Wow, I cannot believe that I'm actually 30 years old! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I'm probably the only person who has been looking forward to 30. Reason being, I get a monetary payout from a childhood car accident trust fund. With it, we've been able to pay off student loans, and we have a good chunk for our house. What a relief it is to have student loans paid off and not have any debt (that is til we actually have the house).
This is a big year for me: turning 30, buying a house and fixing up the house. I'm excited and nervous about the fixing part. However, I knew I was going to have a project house....We viewed so many houses and in our price range there were a couple houses that were "finished" but they just didn't feel right. It was strange, like we would be living in a nice rental home with all the bells and whistles, but not exactly how I would've done it. Also, those houses ended up in bidding wars and were relatively smaller (so forget that!). Our house just felt like OUR home. I can see it's potential and that makes me excited. Plus, I believe that once it is "finished" to our liking, we will also have accrued some sweat equity. It makes me excited to think that I get to be the one to make the design choices (keeping budget in mind).
So now I'm done with my rant about being one year older.
My hope is that this will be the start to an amazing decade!
Ok, I usually like to do this at the end of the year along with my Anniversary, but this feels like a big moment, where I should be contemplating the future, near and far.
Short Term:
X Pay off student loans
X Buy a house
Fix the house, little by little
Start a new line of work for myself--from home (I have some crazy
ideas that I will have to share later)
Have another baby
Longer Term:
Help make it possible for Derek to pick away at his Masters
Once Derek is done with his Masters, get him an amazing career job
Pay off our house, finish with any remaining projects
Along the Way:
Hold Family Home Evening Weekly
Magnify our Callings
Family Scripture Study and Personal Scripture Study
Strengthen our Testimonies
Teach our kids about the Gospel
2 comments:
Great goals, I'm excited for you guys. and again Happy Birthday!!!
Hmmm... I wish I had something to look forward to turning 30 for. No such luck, but I can ignore that until next year. That is awesome that you have been able to pay off your debt though. It is such a great feeling! Way to go and be responsible when I'm sure it was tempting to do something really fun with the money.
Post a Comment