I need to give a bit of background first...A few months back I was looking for learning videos for Van while shopping one day and found a Blues Clues "Shape Searchers and Colors", which we've watched a lot and he absolutely loves. So now, whenever he wants to play with his funny foam shapes that you make creatures out of, he says he wants to play "shape searchers".
Ok, so one day he was playing "shape searchers" in his room and came into the living room to find me. Van: "Mom, come look! Come look!" Me: "Whats up?" He leads me into his room where he shows me that he had lined up all of the eyes from his funny foam shapes. I had to run and grab the camera to get a picture of this. What a goof. The top picture is of Van beginning to count all of the eye balls.
I have to add that the Blues Clues shapes and colors video has really sunk in and I recommend it to anyone trying to teach colors and shapes to little ones. We have a shapes puzzle that Van and I were playing with the other day. Van dumped out all of the pieces then started naming them when he put them back. "Square, Circle, Rectangle, Triangle, Trapezoid, Octagon, Pentagon" then he turns to me and says "what's this?"(in his cute high pitched voice). It was a semi-circle...the only one he didn't know. Wow, I was pretty amazed! (ok, he does get mixed up on triangle and rectangle, but still, what 2 1/2 year old knows what a trapezoid is?!?) What a smarty pants!
Van is my dancer. When he hears music, his inner rhythm comes out. I can't quite remember what we were listening to, but he was gettin' down.
I have to add that I LOVE our new camera (thanks dad!!), I can actually capture these awesome action shots. Go Van, go!
2 comments:
What a handsome and smart little man!
My Ben has those jammies!!
Post a Comment