Van has been needing a hair cut for a while now. He despises haircuts and freaks out whenever we attempt to give him one, so I've been trying to keep up with his hair by cutting it whenever he falls asleep on me (which is not at all often-but occasionally he will be tired enough to sit down with me then fall asleep). As you can imagine I am only able to do so much with a sleeping kid lying on my lap. I will try to cut one side then flip him over to do the other, but usually by that point he is waking up complaining about the hair on his neck (which he refers to as "scratchies"). So typically he will have one side of his head nicely trimmed and the other is still long and scraggly(until he falls asleep on me again). Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and give him a full on torturous haircut. Derek held him down in a chair while watching his favorite movie and we got it done. After we were done and showered all the hair off him, he was very happy with his new do. I think he looks adorable, but I am a bit biased.
Here is Van's hair before the cut (cute, but long and very thick=hard to wash):


And here it is after:
...and spiked:

(still not great at forced smiles)
No comments:
Post a Comment