Wednesday, August 3

The Boys...

While outside playing today, I did an impromptu photo shoot, mostly of Van. He's such a cute boy, with his long eyelashes and piercing blue eyes and the summer sun has given him the most adorable little freckles on his nose and cheeks. I tried to get some up close pictures to show these.
Van has been taking swim lessons and absolutely loves the water. We started him at the bottom level class, since he hasn't taken any lessons before and they let him advance 2 levels. He's learning a lot and is very confident in the water, it's great--yea for summertime fun!

We've been working to improve Van's "listening ears." He's really good at tuning people out and likes to day dream/space out/go to la-la land sometimes. It's something that's been bugging me, so I decided to make an effort to work on this with him. I just bought some books online and hope they give me lots of insights. I've been making more of an effort to not repeat myself (by saying his name over and over) and I've been trying to be more patient and not quick to snap at him for this. I'm hoping this is something he will mature out of--but if not, oh well I will (hopefully) learn to deal with it.

I love this little boy and am grateful to have been blessed with the privilege to raise him. He has so many wonderful qualities--things I should be focusing on more (and not flaws).




I couldn't get away with taking pictures of only one child. Here are some of Weston. He's got a boy next door cuteness that is totally irresistible, with the same piercing blue eyes as his bro.
 
 
 
Love this last one: he's examining his owie and has dirt all over him (he had been "working" in the "forest").

I love my boys. Weston is a fun loving little guy and is pretty easy going. He loves to talk and has recently picked up whining, but is pretty good at snapping out of it when we tell him "what did you say? we can't understand whining." He loves mischief and when he is found in a place he shouldn't be, he has the best evil giggle. It is the funniest thing ever.

He wants to be independent SO bad. "I will do it all by myself!" is sometimes followed by "I can't do it!" He sometimes (depending on mood/nap length) gets easily frustrated at not being able to do something (ex: taking off his shirt, putting on new clothes, changing his own diaper, etc). Thankfully he's good at letting someone show him how or help him do it.

I think he's pretty close to potty training time. He definitely has the verbal skills, and I've noticed he wakes up dry in the mornings, but whenever I will ask him if he wants to go to the potty, the answer is always "no." I know not to push it, so for now I will leave it. Or maybe I will start prompting it more by reading potty books (yeah, good idea Katie).
 
 
I love these little guys and am so grateful for both of them. They play (pretty) well together and are now getting into trouble together. On occasion I will call out to the boys when they are playing too quietly and will hear a whispered "Weston hurry let's hide, hehehehe." (makes me smile). They are super fun mixed alongside troublesome and exhausting, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments: