Sunday, September 9

Another Reveal

We JUST finished putting up bead-board in our bathroom, so I thought I would post the semi-finished results. We are super excited about how it turned out. From finish to end it is a pretty amazing transformation.

There were NO pictures of either bathroom of this house on the listing when they were selling. That is definitely a tale tell sign.....

Here's the before (from pics I took when we first viewed this house)
Really try to notice the soffits/dropped ceiling above the tub and the vanity. Made the tub feel very claustrophobic.

This was totally awesome in the 1970s.

An up close shot of the lovely wallpaper: gold, green, orange, AND shiny!

The green shag carpet continued into the bathroom and stopped just past the vanity (my feet):


Here's middle of the road. We (Derek) tore out the soffits:




Then we tore out the flooring, had some carpenters repair the dryrot under the toilet, and we patched the drywall where the soffit holes were.


We tiled the floor

Now for the REVEAL:
Although, not totally finished (I still have to patch and paint the bead-board and caulk spots--just don't look too close)




Side by Side:



I LOVE IT!!!!  Teehee!

1 comment:

John said...

I had to look up Bead Board to make sure I knew what it was. I am amazed with all you have done. It is beautiful. With love, Papa